Smart Phone, Smart Ideas
The New amplicomms M9500 is the first Smartphone that turns into a remotely controlled device so Care Givers can support operation of the Phone or help in an Emergency
• Unique HELP Function for Relatives to remotely operate the phone
• Care Giver Function – remote Call In for status check, Find My Phone operation etc.
• SOS Button For Emergencies with Google Map GPS location of caller
• Press & Hold Operation to avoid accidental touch dialing
• Hearing Aid Compatible with Amplified Ringer (90dB) and Calls (40dB)
Specially designed to help older or disabled users connect to the wired world, the new amplicomms M9500 offers all the benefits of a Smartphone with some exceptional features.
HELP Button for Remote Access: For the first time, family members can support a loved one by remotely operating their phone, as if it were in their hands. Pushing the Help button on the M9500 will give a choice of authorised contacts to receive an automated link via email, text or Whatsapp, enabling a screen share for complete control of the phone. Apps can be loaded, settings changed, emails constructed, etc.
Care Giver Function: Using the Care Giver function, selected relatives can initiate a remote “Call In” and have a two-way hands-free conversation, remotely activate “Find My Phone”, check the battery or signal status or do a complete a restart.
Emergency Service: The SOS button can be programmed to call up to five contacts with a pre-recorded voice message, followed by a text containing a Google Map link of the phones location, in an emergency this could be a lifesaver.
Press & Hold Operation: The menu is displayed as large slices, with a “Press & Hold” long click function to avoid accidental touching (speed adjustable) when navigating the menu, making it easier for people with dexterity issues or those not used to a touch screen.
Simple to Use: The 5” touch screen has big app icons and an XL horizontal keypad with the option of voice assistance, or message dictation facility. Messages of any type, text, emails, notifications and images etc. all arrive in the phone’s Message Centre making it less confusing.
Additional features include hearing aid compatibility, amplified sound, vocalised Caller ID, double-sided camera, Dual SIM Card Slot, and built-in music player, FM Radio, torch calendar etc.
The new amplicomms M9500 helps avoid isolation and depression for people living independently.
Ran Meyrav, European Sales Manager for amplicomms said, “We’ve been manufacturing easy to use mobile phones for the older generation and people with hearing loss for 10 years. As technology races forward we have noticed a demand for a more accessible Smartphone, which is what we delivered here. We have learned over the years that most elderly people were experiencing difficulties getting used to Touch Screens with small fonts and icons. So Smartphone’s weren’t being used until a family member was able to help. Developing remote access for family members to help out has solved that problem and in turn is promoting independent living, not just with older relatives but also people with disabilities.”
User Quote: Andrea Brogan, 78 years from Poole, Dorset said,”I’ve never used a touchscreen or a smartphone and I was surprised how quickly I got the hang of it. Pushing the buttons took some getting used, but I like the fact that family members can help me from a distance.”
• HELP Button for Relatives to remotely access and operate the phone
• SOS button on the rear calls or texts with Google Map location (AGPS)
• Dual operating systems: Android 5.1 and amplicomms OS
• Loud Call volume (adjustable, up to 40dB)
• Extra loud ringer (adjustable, up to 90dB)
• World’s highest standard of hearing aid compatibility (T4/M4) for super-clear sound
• Vibration Alert for incoming calls
• 5-inch touch screen
• 8 megapixel rear flash camera and 2 megapixel front camera
• Memory can be expanded up to 32GB
• 4G quad band for world-wide use
• Dual SIM card slots
• Wi-fi and Bluetooth
• Glass and Film Touch Panel supports multi-touch
• Battery life: approximately 8 hours talk time, 4 hours Video time, 8 days standby
• Dimensions: 144x73x10.6mm