Most elderly people take at least five prescription medicines daily.
Tesco Pharmacy are offering a consultation for anyone interested in learning more about the medications they are prescribed. This NHS funded service involves a ten minute meeting in the private consultation area with their friendly pharmacist.
The medicine review service is an easy way for anyone to find out more about ;
- The medications prescribed
- Why they have been prescribed them
- Any problems they may have with them
Can anyone have a medicine review ?
Yes provided someone is taking a regularly prescribed medicine and it is collected from that Tesco pharmacy.
Is an appointment necessary ?
Not always- the pharmacist may be able to see you straight away.
How much does it cost ?
Nothing this service is completely free.
Does this medicine review replace my GP ?
The medication review is designed to support your doctor and Tesco will send a copy of the notes taken during the meeting with the pharmacist to your doctor.
The medicine review is also designed to answer question such as these listed below?
- What does the medication do ?
- How and when should it be taken ?
- How to tell if the medication is helping.
- How can they know they are safe to take it ?
- What side effects are there ?
- Does it mix with other medications /supplements they may be taking ?
- Should it be taken with or without food ?
- Is there something to help remind them to take their medication ?