Follow these easy steps to boost health
New Years Resolutions? It is never too late and you are never to old to help boost your health
Most of these suggestions are either free or cheap to achieve which is an advantage.
- Drink more water, good hydration improves our overall health.
- Sleep more. Good restorative sleep is vital to our health.
- SMILE more! A smile releases serotonin the feel good chemical in our brains.
- Get some more exercise. Exercise is known to be good for mind and body and will increase circulation and all round well being. A little exercise is better than nothing and there are a range that can be done from an armchair.
Rosie’s armchair exercises is a book packed full of just what the title says, armchair exercises.
- Get a little sunshine. It is needed for the production of Vitamin D
- Eat more fresh fruit and vegetables. As people age and cooking becomes a chore they tend to eat a diet containing less fresh fruit and veg. Essential for vitamins and minerals as well as a great source of well needed fibre more is needed. Adding pure smoothies to an elderly persons’ diet always helps.