Pixie Pads for detecting Urine Infections
An interesting name for an amazing new product newly launched in the UK ( Summer 2016), Pixie Pads are taking incontinence pads to a new level.
Medicine has made tremendous progress
treating disease after visible symptoms appear.
But it is time for a new model.
Inexpensive and unobtrusive
early detection technology
will ensure healthier lives.
Imagine no longer having to guess if someone has a urine infection, these pads can help avoid hospitalisation and mis diagnoses. Many people admitted to hospital with confusion due to a urine infection mimic dementia symptoms when they do not have the disease.
Imagine the reduction in both stress and disruption for thousands of elderly people each year.
Currently the use of the pads relies on the use of an i phone 6 or 6 plus but more devices are planned to be compatible as time passes.
Pixie are offering a free i phone to anyone who cares for 5 or more people provided the pads are purchased through them, which is a real winner for all concerned.
The Pixie Pad Pads are
- Clinically tested Pixie sensor embedded in absorbent incontinence pad for immediate urinalysis
- Easy to place inside incontinence briefs
- Simple to integrate in care pathways
- Thin and gentle for natural feel against the skin
The Pixie Pad App
- Automatically reads the Pixie sensor without a color chart
- Allows carers to monitor multiple patients
- Seamlessly shares results with healthcare professionals in your Care Team
- Stores data in the cloud according to UK, EU, and HIPAA privacy standard
Already making life better for the elderly and carers too.
Use this link to find out more and purchase pads
Pixie pads are also suitable for disabled people, babies and toddlers.