Protecting the elderly against pickpockets
People are at risk of pickpockets anywhere in the world. I live in a medium size town with a high retirement population and yet we still have incidents of pickpocketing.
What can we do in protecting the elderly against pickpockets ?
- Advise them not to display large amounts of cash in public
- Advise women to do up their handbags and hold it close and to the front of the body
- Remind them to never put a handbag in a shopping or supermarket trolley
- If someone bumps into them check they have your wallet/purse straight away
- If they use public transport and fall asleep they may be vulnerable to pickpockets