National gold standards framework centre ensure best practice for end of life care.
When looking for a care home for a loved one with a life-limiting conditions it is so important to find one where the staff really do have expertise in end of life care.
There is a National Gold Standards Framework Centre ( GSF) which helps doctors, nurses and care assistants provide the highest standards of care for those in the last stages in life.
Currently 2,500 care homes have completed the GSF training and have 400 have gained accreditation.
What does GFS really aim to achieve for people.
GSF is a systematic, evidence based approach to optimising care for all patients approaching the end of life, delivered by care providers. This includes care:-
- For people considered to be at any stage in the final years of life
- For people with any condition or diagnosis
- For people in any setting, ‘in whichever bed they are in’
- Provided by anyone in health or social care
- At the time it is needed.
For a list of the accredited care homes, please click here.